homestead - Re: [Homestead] Irony and Frustration

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Irony and Frustration
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:52:10 -0400

My county has been replacing bridges for a few years now. After that bridge collapsed up in Minnesota?, there was some funding freed up in both Canada and the US for infrastructure improvements and specifically for bridge repair.

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
The jobs 'created' are mostly temporary. There is a LOT of roadwork going on around here; half the streets in town are closed for work, they've put in curb cuts at every corner, and a bridge is being replaced, just in my little town. I don't know if it's stimulus money (no signs). What happens when the work is done? The workers will all be back competing with me for minimum wage jobs.

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA