homestead - Re: [Homestead] Irony

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Irony
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:42:14 -0400

I think Gil's example is apple and oranges, because he personally would
have insurance in his home country which should be enforce while he
travels pm vacation or business.
I don't think anyone is advocating that a hospital not treat and
stabilize a John Doe or a Juan Do. We must be humane. However, we also
must have planS in place to pay for that, and it must be the exception,
not the norm. Like I said earlier, perhaps certain medical funds could
be treated like scholarships. Bill Gates or Steve Jobs could set up
such as a legacy....an endowment to aid those who need trauma care but
who are not insured. We should not be clogging the ER's with minor
issues that should be handled elsewhere in another setting. Complex
medical treatment should be provided elsewhere, preferably a home
country. My tax dollars and your should not be used to care for those
who are here illegally(and in Gil's case-we assume that he did not ride
the Mississippi south on a log raft illegally to get to St. Louis)
I have friends who are illegal. I know they are human. However, they
had no prethought that their actions(crossing the border) would create a
tax burden on me. They are reasonable humans and I know that they would
agree that those who are here legally should not pay for those who are
here illegally. That is not respect. What is not common sense about that?

Bev