homestead - Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect! now czars..very long

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect! now czars..very long
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 18:17:39 -0400

> From: erthnsky AT bellsouth.net

> However, the Cold War generation is still alive and kicking-old
> 'communist' fears die hard, especially when one of the last remaining
> superpowers is Communist and thriving, while our Capitalist Republic is
> struggling. There is still the Boogeyman factor at work here. People
> forget that most of the time, the Boogeyman isn't quite as scary in
> reality as he is in our nightmares. If it weren't for the sanity of
> some on this list, I would fear the Boogeyman more, too. Hearing the
> opposing view here keeps things in balance. Together, we can blend
> ideas and hopefully come up with a plan of action that is of benefit to
> us all, IF we listen to each other and if everyone participates and
> shares their concern and point of view.

That's my point about the president's speech. A democratic society listens to
all views and makes an informed decision. Refusing to listen, or let children
listen, especially to our elected president, to me isn't the 'American way'.

We both grew up in the same era; I wonder why some people still see the
Communist 'boogeyman', and others never did. We had the 'hide under your
desk' drills in school, but, like Lynda, the indoctrination didn't work with
me, either. I have way more important things to worry about than Communists.
I love the lady at the town hall meeting who said "Keep the government out of
my Medicare". It's really hard to take any of this seriously.

Lynn Wigglesworth

Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on
Facebook.
http://windowslive.com/Campaign/SocialNetworking?ocid=PID23285::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:SI_SB_facebook:082009