homestead - Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect! now czars..very long

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect! now czars..very long
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 17:02:12 -0400

Lynda wrote:
Hey, I don't resemble that <g> I spent years sitting in the hall with my hands behind my head waiting for the "bomb" to be dropped!

LOL! Duck and cover!
In my part of the country, it served both as bomb drills and later as Tornado drills. My uncle bought a house once that had a private fallout shelter..weird and scary place it was.

The propaganda didn't take on me. I suppose it could be because my step-dad's step-father was a registered Communist. He worked graves but would stay up to see us girls and always had root beer float fixings in the freezer/fridge. Was kind hard to be scared of those evil Commies if all you knew was that they were bringing you root beer floats <g>

Lynda
All politicians should be limited to two terms: one in office, one in jail.

Love that tagline!

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA