homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shiny Things

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shiny Things
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 08:49:00 EDT

> >That, my dear, would be logical. Anyone know when the last time
> anything
> logical came out of the DC Whorehouse?

It is illogical if one assumes that the purpose for the program is what
they SAY is the purpose for the program. When's the last time that happened?

An example is, of course, the government education system.

We have been stewed too long in the mindset that whatever we do that passes
money around in a circle is commerce and prosperity, we have come to the
point that we are willing to suspend logic and reality and think that if we
(collectively) smash up a bunch of cars, that somehow is like making things
or
growing things.

When we build a building, that's part of the GDP. But in our current
reckoning, when we tear it down, that's also part of th GDP. Moreover if we
hire
some parasites to plan tearing it down, "study" the cultural and
environmental effects of tearing it down, that too is part of the GDP.

We've got a scam going where the rest of the world sends us its energy,
manufactured goods, and increasingly now of days its food and medicine and
all
they get in return is our IOU in the form of treasury debt. When at some
point they get tired of this scam, we are screwed. We will continue passing
money around to each other and wonder why of a sudden there's nothing to buy
with it.

James