homestead - Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect! now czars..very long

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect! now czars..very long
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 12:57:55 -0800

Hey, I don't resemble that <g> I spent years sitting in the hall with my hands behind my head waiting for the "bomb" to be dropped!

The propaganda didn't take on me. I suppose it could be because my step-dad's step-father was a registered Communist. He worked graves but would stay up to see us girls and always had root beer float fixings in the freezer/fridge. Was kind hard to be scared of those evil Commies if all you knew was that they were bringing you root beer floats <g>

Lynda
All politicians should be limited to two terms: one in office, one in jail.
snip<

However, the Cold War generation is still alive and kicking-old
'communist' fears die hard, especially when one of the last remaining
superpowers is Communist and thriving, while our Capitalist Republic is
struggling. There is still the Boogeyman factor at work here. People
forget that most of the time, the Boogeyman isn't quite as scary in
reality as he is in our nightmares. If it weren't for the sanity of
some on this list, I would fear the Boogeyman more, too. Hearing the
opposing view here keeps things in balance. Together, we can blend
ideas and hopefully come up with a plan of action that is of benefit to
us all, IF we listen to each other and if everyone participates and
shares their concern and point of view.

Bev
--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed