homestead - [Homestead] Talk about disrespect!

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Talk about disrespect!
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 10:54:01 -0400

I can't believe the fuss about President Obama's speech to school children!
People claim he's 'indoctrinating' children (we all know about the 'mind
control vibes' broadcasts send out), and tell parents to take their children
out of school that day because children "shouldn't be required" to listen to
the president. What message does THAT send to children? To me, to refuse to
even let your children listen is total disrespect to the office of the
President (and disrespectful of the children; not letting them form their own
opinions).

Reagan and Bush Sr. both spoke nation-wide to schools. Reagan's was
apparently very political, laced with how he cut taxes, etc. Was there this
kind of protest over his speech (I was out of school and didn't have kids
yet, so I'm clueless)? What has this country come to?

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA