homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 08:09:20 -0400

From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that celebrated good economic news
signaling the end of the recession is ALL because of >government money?

I've read also that a lot of the companies showing slight profit only have that 'profit' because they have laid off workers or sold assets. That isn't growth; that isn't even stability. This recession is far from over. I read a great quote the other day: "Millionares measure the economy by Wall Street numbers, the rest of us measure the economy by unemployment numbers".

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA