homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 12:02:00 -0700 (PDT)

I really did add it to my list of quotes.......(see below, and hopefully I'm
guessing your name right.)

It is so true.

"Once they (we) realize the ultimate futility of that, then desperation will
become the norm, and anger, and revolt. "

I think there is evidence of this, which of course lines up with history.

Stage 1 - is what is going on now, as evidence by retail shopping numbers,
jobless numbers, etc.  People are hoarding their money, trying to pay down
some debt if possible, and not shopping.

Stage 2 - as prices start to go up, they will switch to buying everything
they can, and to save that - so there will be a switch from "saving" money,
to "saving the things that money buys before that gets more expensive.

Stage 3 - the taking away part, can come from direct confiscation (i.e. 401ks
seized for the greater good of the many [yes there is historical precedence],
looting, theft, etc....... or the indirect ways - any assets that can be
taxed at higher levels further takes cash away or real estate tax
foreclosures on properties, or the worst hyperinflationary effects of all the
money printing, which takes away our ability to afford purchasing things we
need.  And the government will fail to save that little which is left (this
has already started - government has become an all consuming reckless
monster).

Stage 4 - desperation (which is starting), revolt.  The question will be what
kind of revolt?  Revolt that leads us to being serfs for corporations in
control,,,,,,,,, or off with the politicians heads, and revolt against big
controlling corporations and back to a liberty type era.  History says the
former (serfdom and all equivalent words, fascism, communism, dictatorships,
etc)..... however I don't know if in history if there were ever generations
of people raised on the founding beliefs such as America and if that would
turn us into that direction.

Either way, there are lots of reasons to believe the coals have been stoked.

Great quote, seriously!

--------
"It's when they fail to save what little is left that the flames will begin
in earnest." ~ Ray Zentz