homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 16:04:43 -0700 (PDT)

LOL - you liked that tatoo !!!  Hmm, maybe we should make medical ID
bracelets like that and sell them.......... ;-)

Actually, my original idea about that stemmed from the fact that we are no
longer able to see itemized bills of what our health care actually costs like
we could in the old days.  In the old days, I could call my insurance company
and tell them, "Hey, I never used that, and made them remove it from my room
so I wouldn't get charged, or never had that drug or service" etc.  Now you
can't get that and have no idea if the hospital is overcharging the insurance
company.

And try getting a quote up front for medical care costs............ Ain't
happening.  Yet we wouldn't fill up our grocery carts or go to a car mechanic
without FIRST asking, "how much?" and then deciding if we wan't to
purchase.....

In the case of being unconcious, I was thinking geez, if they treat me
without my permission, they are then going to force me to pay for something I
didn't ask for, and didn't give them permission for, and wrack up a bill so
high that if conscious, I would object to and seek alternative more
affordable treatment or possibly none at all.

Made me wonder what would happen if when later conscious when they rush in
and get you to sign authorization guaranteeing payment, I signed in legible
script my name as "Sorry I Refuse" or "Treated without my Permission" on the
signature line guaranteeing payment.....

Out of curiousity one time, I used my credit card and instead of signing my
name I signed it "Same As Last Time".  Nobody ever checked my
signature............. (Of course I did pay the bill, but I was curious to
see if the clerk would actually look....)  With that in mind, I was wondering
if I signed refuse to pay on a hospital bill and they didn't catch it and I
simultaneously asked to be discharged.... if they could later force me to
pay....

My mom has bad luck with docs also.