homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 18:30:49 -0400

From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>
If food were managed like health care, it would be illegal for you to grow
and process your own food. Food could only be obtained from licensed
restaurants. The only thing on the menu would be lobster and fillet and if you
couldn't pay for that, you just go away and starve. The rationale would be
that if you were left to make your own food choices, you might poison
yourself so it has to be managed by professionals.

Aw, James. Don't give them any ideas!

There are still doctors who are reasonable. Mine charged a $32 office visit fee and gave me free samples of medication for a sinus infection. He knew...he mentioned that I was near 50 (at the time) and should have blah-blah tests done, but said... "I guess I won't see you again until you need me, huh?"

My mother has been in the hospital three times in the past year, every one a horrible experience, and the only way they will ever get me admitted is unconscious, and I'm thinking of getting Leslie's "don't you dare touch me" tattoo.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA