homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gypsum was Tillers...was Soil

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gypsum was Tillers...was Soil
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 05:58:20 -0700

On Jan 26, 2009, at 10:39 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

What am I missing, Gene...tell me now before I smash up all that
sheetrock and ruin my wonderful soil..

Reread my words. I didn't say for sure, I said "there may well be."

But my foggy gray is telling me it has seen words about mold-proofing chemicals.

Bev, I am a country boy who likes to keep things simple. I do not put anything in my garden that gives me any pause. I do not knowingly use chemicals that man has manipulated. I think like biodynamics practitioners: my property is my garden and my use of it is as a closed loop; very little is allowed in that does not grow or exist there, save seeds.

I would not have brought that sheetrock onto my property. You did, so here is what I suggest: put in under fruit trees and ornamentals where it will not leach into your veggie growing soil. That is what I do with my raw humanure, which I believe to be safe but I choose to err on the side of caution.

Gene GeRue
www.RURALIZE.com