homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gypsum was Tillers...was Soil

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gypsum was Tillers...was Soil
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:30:12 -0500

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

I added creek sand and gypsum (old drywall) to one of the beds and
repeated the bit with the rototiller. The two other beds, becoming
as I was unenamored with the tiller, I dug up using a mattock and
mixed sand and gypsum in with them.

James, How much drywall did you use over a given area?
If I busted up a 4x8 sheet, how would you spread that out and how long
would you wait until you 'amended' the soil again? Would you test the
soil a year after adding it or just wing it with your tongue?

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will
not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius
will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the
world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone
are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve
the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge