homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gypsum was Tillers...was Soil

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gypsum was Tillers...was Soil
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:10:32 -0800

We called local contractors and offered to do a little clean-up for them and
haul away the drywall scraps. It did double purpose for us.

I put drywall behind the rabbit cages and then on a slant under them so all the rabbit "gold" would fall to the front half of the cage area and make the scooping easier. Drywall is a natural odor reducers and we had no rabbit smell from the urine during the hot summer days. When the dry wall got well "irrigated," we pulled it AND the rabbit "gold" out into the compost heap.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>