homestead - Re: [Homestead] was pigs, now 1000 jars

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was pigs, now 1000 jars
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:23:32 -0600

I'd say the connection between high consumption of cherries and TP is
clear. I have no idea how many quarts of green beans mother and I
canned, but one year we canned so many that we,didn't can them for a
couple of years. We canned lots of other stuff, tho: corn, beets,
various kinds of pickles, sauerkraut come to mind. We froze stuff like
peas, and later peppers and chopped onions.