homestead - Re: [Homestead] was pigs, now 1000 jars

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was pigs, now 1000 jars
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:31:28 -0500

She did keep boxes, as well, but stopped labelling them because they got
re-used so often, they were illegible after a while. She has boxes older than
I am ;-). Mostly, she kept things in particular areas, so she didn't have to
hunt for specific things.

My Dad converted one of the basement bedrooms into our "fruit room", and it
was packed floor to ceiling with food. We actually once lived only on our
storage for 6 months, and the money we didn't spend on groceries went to our
local church building fund. It taught us what we didn't have enough of,
that's for sure... ;-)

Ray