homestead - Re: [Homestead] Alternative medicine = mainstream

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Alternative medicine = mainstream
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 17:02:41 -0500

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Gerald Brittell <gabrittell AT gmail.com>wrote:

> In 1989, Charollete Gerson states that in California it was illegal to
> treat
> Cancer by any means but chemotherapy or radiation.

I am very late to this thread. Short on time lately.

We have a young man, almost 19, in our community who has a law in Virginia
named after him.

A few years back he had cancer (forget which kind) and his Dr. prescribed
chemo and radiation which made him very ill, so ill that his father had to
carry him in and out of bed. Nevertheless, he took the treatment until he
became so weak and ill that he decided to discontinue it and seek an
alternative.

At that point, as I understand the story, the Oncologist was less than
pleased and filed a lawsuit so that the boy would have to take chemo.

Long story short, the parents divorced (probably due to familial and
financial stress) and the boy won right to choose what treatment he wanted.
I believe (foggy memory) they sought treatment in Mexico. The new law was
named after him and states that anyone 16 years or older can choose how they
wish to be treated for a medical condition.

His name is Abraham Cherrix. He is one of my son's friends.

lkvp