homestead - Re: [Homestead] Alternative medicine = mainstream

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Alternative medicine = mainstream
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:04:54 -0700

On Jan 9, 2009, at 9:24 AM, EarthNSky wrote:

Not only that, but I think there is much to be said for the balance of
natural, bio-available nutrients that come from real food grown locally.

We are the result of all inputs: air, fluids, nutrients, sunlight. It seems to me that there is a balance achieved from eating foods produced in the same place where we get all our other inputs. The local soil is the result of all these same factors and if well fed and not contaminated, is likely to create optimal foods.

If you eat a balance of food, you create a balance in your body, so
that all systems work in harmony with each other. This definitely is a
preventative measure, and maybe a treatment as well.

It may be that both simple and complex diets provide maximal health as long as all the essential nutrients are ingested. I think that dependability is overlooked; the body develops its nutrient-processing systems based on what it is given to work with; if the nutrients are dependable in quality and quantity, then the body will be less stressed than if it must make adjustments.