homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent demise

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent demise
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:09:44 -0800

Ah, your list belongs almost exclusively to GWB. And, I do wish folks would pay more attention to history. A lot of the stuff that both Billy Boy and Dumbya pushed through started with Daddy Bush -- NAFTA, NCLB, etc. Billy Boy didn't really have all that many original ideas. It is amazing how he gets credit for all those brain farts when he really wasn't much of an original think. He was more of a take credit kinda guy and it is coming back to bite him.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Not to get off on a tangent about GWB, and with you and Bev, I will agree that the congress, bankers, moneychangers and such are all responsible for the economy; but, we can't let GWB off the hook so easily -- or at least, I won't.

He pushed a war in Iraq (with the compliance of congress) and didn't wage it effectively. He pushed through (with the compliance of congress) what started under Clinton, but was made into full oppressive law in his tenure -- H*mel*nd S*curity, P*triot A*t, F*SA, and much more.
GWB (with the compliance of congress) has diminished our personal liberties and out freedoms -- that cannot be forgotten