homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent demise

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent demise
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:53:29 -0800 (PST)

Bev, you do understand a lot more than you realize........

You wrote:  "what really caused this mess"............  and "spending without
the money in hand".

IMO the answer to what cause this mess is: a fiat currency policy - because a
fiat currency policy permits "spending without the money in hand".   It
permits the environment that makes it posible for the non-producers (the
ass-sitters) to exist at the expense of the producers, by spending without
money in hand.

There needs to be a standard measurement of exchange between producers to
prevent the environment that fosters non-producers from stealing the efforts
of the producers.

The standard historically has been many things.  The standard is something
voluntariily chosen between men based upon the conditions of their time.  As
James has pointed out - at times it has been rice, other times tortillas.
Other times it has been sugar, and many times throughout history it has been
gold/silver, but not at all times during history.

The brightest and best amongst us are NOT the ones who believe in spending
without money in hand.  The brighest and best amongst us believe in
production.

YOU are a producer - you produce your own food.  You need food.

The man you linked to us, the one that makes knives - he is a producer - he
makes knives.  His knives are in demand.

The man who goes to his job building cars that no one wants to buy or can no
longer afford to buy, only thinks he is a producer.....and today demands
government bail-outs so he can continued to produce something that people
don't want.  The man who was once part of production, has morphed into a
leech, a looter of producers.

The ass-sitter man who believes he is "smart" because he figured out how to
scam someone else (a homeowner who could not afford the home being
purchased), is finding out his ideas are bankrupt, and non-productive.

Whether you realize it or not, something in you recognized that something
macro-economically was/is in the process of changing - so being one of the
brightest (you are a producer, not a moocher) you chose to change and moved
to a homestead.  You recognized the outcome of bankrupt macro economics and
acted. That is what is most important.

I agree, the fault does not entirely lay within POTUS.... IMO that is the
b.s. espoused by fools - to solely blame him - instead of ALL of the citizens
who have contributed to the policies of the last 100 years.    Although
certainly the POTUS's have a finger in the cookie jar.  For example, POTUS
Bush II could have used the veto pen and kept Congress's reckless spending
much more under control......... instead he just allowed a free for all - so
that he could conduct his war on terror without objection.  Had he used the
veto pen - he would have delayed the house of cards collapsing for a number
of more years.  And clearly Obama is going to expand the spending without
money in hand further than any president before him...........