homestead - Re: [Homestead] Real, Edible Gold

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Real, Edible Gold
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:59:57 -0500

bobf wrote:

What kind of chocolate candies are you making?

It is the simplest of pleasures...

1 bag of chocolate chips
1 bag of butterscotch chips
1 jar unsalted peanuts

Mix chips in a bowl, microwave gently and stir to melt. Add peanuts and
stir..
Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheets and refrigerator or freeze until
hardened.

You can also substitute or add chow mein noodles or other types of nuts,
coconut to the mix.

I used to make this with the kids when they were knee high...it is a
great recipe to share with kids..let them do it!

My ham and cheese rolls are also very simple.

Take slices of boiled ham and pat dry.
Soften cream cheese or goat cheese and mix in onion powder, onions, shallots or chives to your liking.
Spread cheese onto ham slice and roll it up.
Refrigerate in rolls, and just before serving, slice the logs into small pinwheel like rolls.
It is a family favorite here.

The true significance of Sacajawea's involvement in the Lewis & Clark
expedition is that it was the first documented trip in history where men
asked a woman for directions and followed them, allowing them to arrive
at their destination.