homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Gold

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Gold
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 09:31:04 -0800 (PST)

Bev, I didn't start this thread; I responded to Leslie, with my opinion,
which is just that, and could be right or wrong.

The example with Jews and gold that I gave is not analagous to a St.
Christopher medal. It is that an ounce of gold will provide safe journey for
them home from anywhere in the world. I have had a lot of Jewish friends
over the years, gold is looked at differently, at least among those I have
known.

Your alien goldmine guy is probably no more derided by the mainstream than a
regular gold bug. But, if you had been listening (as an investor, not 'you'
personally) to the goldbugs for the past few years, instead of the mainstream
professionals, you would be a lot more comfortable today. But, over time,
gold is a terrible 'investment'; it simply provides 'safety' in storage of
wealth, and absolutely hedges inflation; which today is 'not' occuring. I
know where you can buy gold dust, but I'll be damned if I'd eat the stuff --
it is a heavy metal.

What kind of chocolate candies are you making?