homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Gold

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Gold
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 15:03:37 EST

> >Right now gold may not have any 'real' value to you (this "you" is
> anyone out there on the homestead list who sees this), right now.
> "Right now" could change.

Rob, this is probably another one of those semantics things, but "real value"
apart from an agreed upon medium of exchange, what real value is it that gold
has?

There have been many times when the "escape from San Fran" has had a
different outcome. People tried to bribe their way onto the lifeboats of the
Titanic
and drowned for their effort, Jews tried to bribe the Nazi's and had their
gold taken from them and were killed anyway.

As I say, many of us are still talking at cross purposes here, but "real
value" doesn't seem real to me if it requires everyone else, some of whom may
be
very hostile to me, to agree on that value for it to exist.

James