homestead - Re: [Homestead] out of the blue

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] out of the blue
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 15:27:48 -0500

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 10:01 AM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Calhoun is a huge SDA community.

SDA? The acronym escapes me.

> The problem, Lynn, is that my husband does not share my beliefs.
> Western medicine has never failed him, and he thinks alternatives are
> too risky and work only because of chance use or the placebo effect.
> I can't argue with him, because Western medicine has cured him of
> cancer, you know?

I am convinced personally, that the only people cured of cancer with
traditional chemo and/or radiation treatments are those with a strong immune
system, or who possibly supplemented with 'good stuff' along with the
traditional treatments. The others don't make it. We all know someone or
possibly several someones (as I do) who were worn down as their bodies
deteriorated until they passed.

> So, I have work to do, but I
> think I can convince him. I did convince him to move me here. :)

You can do it. YOu're not quitting the meds. You're going to add or take
healthy foods and supplements in addition to the drug regimen. But being
completely honest, though the Embrel (sp?) keeps you functioning as per
'normal', it also sounds like long-term it has potential to hurt you. So if
you can find a way to take less or to replace it over time with something
much more healthful, that would be a good thing.

Hope that wasn't too much for my two cents.

lkvp