homestead - Re: [Homestead] out of the blue

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] out of the blue
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 15:42:57 -0500

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 1:12 PM, bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> She is always pretty, she never is 'looking old', she is never 'putting on
> a few pounds'; your anniverary is celebrated, whether or not you celebrate
> hiolidays as a rule, her sense of security is more valuable than your sense
> of adventure. And, always be discreet......................

Bob! This could work both ways. ;)

My husband had my engagement ring fixed for my birthday last August. I have
an oval cornflower blue sapphire with a small trillium diamond on either
side. Several years ago one of the diamonds fell out. Out of the blue, he
asked one night if I'd mind letting him borrow my ring for a week or two.
Well, that only meant one thing. He took the ring to a local jeweler he'd
met because he had started giving guitar lessons to her son.

Two weeks later, on a Thursday afternoon when I work at my husband's store,
he was locking up and pulled an envelope out of his pocket. He got down on
his knees and proposed to me all over again, putting the repaired ring back
on my finger. In spite knowing what my mother-in-law is like, I said "Yes."

lkvp