homestead - Re: [Homestead] Preparation for WTSHTF questions

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Preparation for WTSHTF questions
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:12:51 -0800 (PST)

After reading thru the replies from everyone........ FIRST - THANKS  Lots of
good tips, and I will have to go thru again, and organize.

I'm thinking the goal would be to work towards the raised beds over the next
year, and meanwhile, do exactly that use the rototiller.  My dad really did
an "overkill" purchase on that one...as he tends to think bigger and more
expensive is better... not necessarily true.

The leaves in the huge pecan grove down the road finally have fallen this
week, and since leaves are in short supply, I think I'll go get a bunch.

Bev - In your raised beds,,,, is there any kind of chopping up being done of
what is being thrown in, or just throw things in.

And gray water in the compost bins --- bingo !! great idea, and will be very
easy to do also.

OK, must run, manana..............