homestead - Re: [Homestead] Preparation for WTSHTF questions

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Preparation for WTSHTF questions
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 22:10:40 -0800

We currently have the tunnels, indeed, because of frost. We are gradually collecting old windows from Freecycle and will be using them in the future so we don't have to buy plastic.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie" <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>

Well, that is yet to be determined... I have seen the tunnels in desert gardening things, but I do not yet know the real purpose... LOL... and plastic isn't "sustainable"...

I just found out the neighbor down the road is using it at the moment to protect against frost. Looked like spinach, lettuce, and califlower was in the part that I could see.