homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 00:02:15 EST

> >Thanks for the tips. But personally I need to read "you can do it", not a
> bunch of "you can't do it because you aren't doing it my way", or you can't
> do it because it is too hard" type emails.

Leslie, we have something to apologize for if any of us have left you with a
'can't do it' or 'you must be like me' message.

The gist of the messages are not intended to be that, rather don't think that
by pontificating about it that you can achieve it. It isn't, as we say here
in the moutnains, how you hold your mouth. It isn't about choosing exactly
the right location at the right time with the right gun and the right tools
etc.
In fact, anyone chime in here to disagree with me, there ARE no right time
or right locations or right circumtances. All times, places, and
cirumstances
are the best and the worst for homesteading.

You CAN do it. Ordianry mortals do it all the time and have for all of the
history of humankind. But having said that, you can't follow a paradigm that
doesn't exist ... unless, of course, you are beaking new ground altogether
and
then .... weeellll, you know, we all want to see the plan ..."

James