homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 15:47:04 EST

> >Hitler was a failed artist with soft hands. His brown-shirts were general
> low-life miscreants. Many of the Bolsheviks were intellectuals with soft

'Many' is meaningless in this context.

>Would you kill a man over a stolen pig?, or maybe a stolen watermelon.
People in
> the city are killed for things of less value. I expect the very worse from
> my fellow man, 'if' things become as bad as some are
> forcasting........................

I don't concern myself with the best or the worst, only with the possible.
And a teeming hoard of out of work stock traders, supervisors, and
coodinators
is not within the realm of possibilities.

You, Bob, are no doubt typical (at worst) of these would be doomsday
warriors. How many of you do you suppose it would take to dislodge me from
this
mountainside? First let me tell you that I and/or my neighbors can very
easily
make getting here as four mile walk. It is steep enough here to give a billy
goat a nose bleed. I know where everything is, where everything is hidden,
where all the resources are, and how to get from anywhere to anywhere
silently and
unseen.

Moreover, peaceable man that I am, if anyone harms, threatens to harm, or
makes the slightest overture or suggestion of harming any of my family or
neighbors ... I do not possess the capacity for mercy.

And I am not alone. Your army of phone telemarketers and pharmaceutical route
salesmen would have to go through a thousand people like me to even get here.

I don't care a wit what your capacity for barbarity is, I only care what your
practica capacity for mayhem is. And that adds up to nil in my estimation.

James