homestead - Re: [Homestead] was It's almost over, now wending to Amish response to aggression

  • From: sjc <indexer AT fairpoint.net>
  • To: vdjor AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was It's almost over, now wending to Amish response to aggression
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 00:06:15 -0500

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote
I agree, it is frustrating to take a game which should be fun and turn it
into a contest of supremacy.
I bought a carom board recently. Problem is the plastic rings don't play the same as the woo don ones. I'm going to have to make some in order to have a decent game. I spent much time as a child playing with my granduncle, good times for a lonely kid. the old folks called it a Croakenole (sp?) board, because they played that game which was on the backside of the board.
Van Dell

Should you ever have time and inclination to make a second set, I'll buy it! The plastic rings stink, and you can buy replacement sets but they are plastic, too. I'm always on the watch at yard sales and flea markets for them but so far, no luck (ours died in the fire).

So you make me a set, and when I come visit you, I'll beat you at a game of Carom.....

SJ