homestead - Re: [Homestead] was It's almost over, now wending to Amish response to aggression

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was It's almost over, now wending to Amish response to aggression
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 20:35:20 -0800 (PST)

--- On Thu, 12/4/08, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> People should be able to
> play carom(and gosh I haven't heard any mention of that
> game in 15
> years!) without being slaughtered...
>
> Bev

I agree, it is frustrating to take a game which should be fun and turn it
into a contest of supremacy.
I bought a carom board recently. Problem is the plastic rings don't play the
same as the woo don ones. I'm going to have to make some in order to have a
decent game.
I spent much time as a child playing with my granduncle, good times for a
lonely kid. the old folks called it a Croakenole (sp?) board, because they
played that game which was on the backside of the board.
Van Dell