homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 21:07:23 -0600

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:58 AM, <DSanner106 AT aol.com> wrote:
> The thing I have been watching is the announcement of cabinet members. Do
> you all remember the huge protest the Dems made at each announcement of
> cabinet
> members under Bush? Mother Teresa would have not been good enough. Not one
> protest from the Reps so far on Obamas picks, even Hillary Clinton ....

I think we should wait for the confirmation hearings on Mrs. Clinton
before we say she has a free pass. As for most of his other appointees
-- I can't imagine John McCain finding them unclean. Now, Rush
Limbaugh is another point of view, but can anyone tell me the last
time he was correct about anything?

IIRC, Bush's picks got confirmed much more quickly than Clinton's did.
It's instructive to dig around on Google and find clips from 4 and 8
years ago.

Marie