homestead - Re: [Homestead] Geography was: Tell me again why Republicans are good for people

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Geography was: Tell me again why Republicans are good for people
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 08:48:38 -0600

East of IH-35 (runs through Austin and San Antonio) the soil is Blackland Prairie, there are bayous, people eat crawdads and you hear the Cajun influence in their speaking. I would have to agree this part would have to be the south. Both the Panhandle and the fat arm of Big Bend (mountain time zone) are southwestern in arid climate, Mexican food heavily influenced by Pueblo Indians, and horse and cowboy culture are still alive. South Texas might as well be in Mexico as it has a very Tex-Mex feel and lots of agriculture. Dallas and north Texas might be more midwestern, it's all suburb and mall culture built on top of what was once farms.

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 07:29:14 -0700