homestead - [Homestead] Geography was: Tell me again why Republicans are good for people

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Geography was: Tell me again why Republicans are good for people
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 08:22:27 -0600

I'd be curious to know where all of you think Texas falls. It falls in two time zones mountain and (mostly) central. We have the most geographical southern land in the U.S., the state is full of Republicans, Confederate sympathy, people say y'all, and grits are widely available on menus. Although some people consider the Mississippi River the division, technically the west begins at the 100th meridian and I live at 99.97 so then I am in the westernmost part of the east. The only thing I am absolutely sure of is I don't live in the north!

--Sage
Way Out in Texas

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 07:00:31 -0700