homestead - Re: [Homestead] Geography was: Tell me again why Republicans are good for peo...

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Geography was: Tell me again why Republicans are good for peo...
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 10:00:35 EST

> > I'd be curious to know where all of you think Texas falls

Southern.

Texas was colonized largely by Tennessee. Before Sam Houston was President
of Texas and Governor of Texas he was Governor of Tennessee.

Our pattern of speech in Appalachia is from the Cherokee influence. Texas
speech is closely related to Tennessee speech. Sam Houston spent a great
deal
of time among the Cherokee and his wife was Cherokee.

There are other influences in Texas to be sure, but the backbone of the
culture is Southern.

Deo Vindice

James