homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tell me again why Republicans are good for people

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tell me again why Republicans are good for people
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 22:55:11 -0800

An interesting piece of trivia. While the South is usually on the list of poorest, etc., it is also on the list of longest lived. Most of the centurians and super centurians are from the South or other poor rural areas (coal towns in PA, etc.).

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

The only place in the US where Republicans are still running the show
is the South.

However, it's not a healthy place to live (speaking statistics only here):
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28036471/

And what do Republicans fear more than most other things? This just in
from the Wall Street Journal:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122826686559774533.html?mod=djemEditorialPage

Marie, in central Illinois where a winter storm is doing its thing (no
freezing rain though, so we're fine)