homestead - Re: [Homestead] twin google was Re: Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] twin google was Re: Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 00:41:20 EST

> >Maybe James was talking about something else. I think this study is
> epigenetics.

Yes, something else. Just the effects of epigenetic changes is enough to
throw the "It's in my genes" crutch out the window. But I am indeed talking
about changes in the DNA sequencing itself: for example:

“When we started this study, people were expecting that only epigenetics
would differ greatly between twins,” said Jan Dumanski, a professor of
genetics at
the University of Alabama at Birmingham and an author of the study. “But what
we found are changes on the genetic level, the DNA sequence itself.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/11/health/11real.html