homestead - Re: [Homestead] Give up the dream? My dilemma (Egyptian Onions)

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Give up the dream? My dilemma (Egyptian Onions)
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 09:53:57 -0800 (PST)

Unemployment in 1933 was 25.2%, and if it occurs now, I would bet we'll see
it in 3 to 4 years, not 10. By the way, Pollyana, I don't know exactly how
they counted unemployment numbers then, but I think that I have read that it
was pretty much unemployed white men who were counted. If everyone who
wouldm have been willing to work had been counted, might the number have been
50% ? I really don't know .............bobf