homestead - Re: [Homestead] Give up the dream? My dilemma (Egyptian Onions)

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Give up the dream? My dilemma (Egyptian Onions)
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:19:33 -0800 (PST)

Sure; I wasn't arguing your numbers when I wrote 25.2%. That was the wiki
number. Either is close enough to 25. My question is whether they counted
women who were willing to work, or men (of other than white color). My
parents were born after the depression ended. But, my father family was poor
anyway. But, like you said with your parents, they didn't go hungry, because
they lived in the country.

BO was on the news this am , talking about creating 2.5 million new jobs
building infrastructure. Who is he going to hire? Is collective bargaining
going to be available to this new tax-payer funded 'temporary' workforce?
Will their wages be minimum wage, like in the '30s, just to have some work;
or will the democrats demand union type wages?

Therse are all real questions. They are going to be spending money that
doesn't exist. They will be spemding more attachment to our grandchildrens
souls. I hope they are as smart as they seem to think they are.