homestead - Re: [Homestead] Give up the dream? My dilemma (Egyptian Onions)

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Give up the dream? My dilemma (Egyptian Onions)
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:58:35 -0800 (PST)

No, I don't . I was speaking generally. My brothers all have children, so I
do have a genetic stake in the future.

Marie, you are very bright, and a half a generation in front of me. While I
can understand why you can't stand the republicans, I don't understand why
you think the democrats are better. I know why the young people voted for
BO. It was "cool", "hip" - a fad. The MSM sold him like the newest packaged
Christmas Touy with the best Madison Avenue advertising. Most of them could
not tell you his position on important platforms.

I don't think he will do that much worse , personally, than McCain would have
done; except, and this is a big exceptionm; he has huge majorities in
congress. They can do a h*ll of a lot of damage in a short period of time.
I haven't heard any of their leaders talking about overturning the p*triot
a*t. I have heard him appoint the same Harvard/Yale/Goldman Sachs type that
worked for GWB and Clinton. Robert Rubin is on the boord of Citigroup - was
the COTB, he should be a leper in the financial world, not one of the
president-elects primary financial and economic advisors.

Anyway, I see bad times coming, reallyy bad times. But , my visio0ns are
sometimes wrong. And, I enjoy the compnay of Pollyanas much more than the
company of people like me............bobford

as they seem to think they are.