homestead - Re: [Homestead] Give up the dream? My dilemma (Egyptian Onions)

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Give up the dream? My dilemma (Egyptian Onions)
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 11:20:41 -0800 (PST)

Thinking positive in the face of negative reality doesn't really help,
either.

When the character at the end of "A Tale of Two Cities" was about to be
hanged, he said a memorable line " It is a far, far better thing that I do,
than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have
ever known" ; but he was still hanged. That is the point.

I like people with a positive attitude, but those of us with a negative
outlook when things truly are negative, are sometimes neccessary to make a
conversation relevant. .........bobford