homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hunting, was Egg color

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: vdjor AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hunting, was Egg color
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 00:40:16 -0500

Getting a patch of corn to exist now in late November would be the trick. Any corn patch planted for deer(outside of a fence) would have been decimated months ago, if not by deer, then by raccoons. It would have been long gone before the season started.
I also try to keep to the law because they are for my own safety. Take squirrels.....if you shoot a squirrel in the warm summer months, you are likely to have to deal with 'wolves' and other nasty bot parasites. However, if you take them in season, winter, you won't have those kinds of problems. Early in deer season, the deer are often full of ticks, later, when the weather is colder, not so many. In other words, as is usual with these things, laws protect people, usually from themselves.