homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hunting, was Egg color

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hunting, was Egg color
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 20:30:41 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sat, 11/22/08, Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com> wrote:

A patch of corn or a
> salt lick , to me, is not such a grevious thing if you are
> strictly hunting for food
>
> It's illegal if you're hunting in Illinois. Here,
> hunters can take a
> maximum of three deer unless they're deer on their own
> land that have
> done damage (I'd think that would about cover
> everyone).

A neighbor who does lots of hunting told me that here, north central MO, it
is very difficult to demonstrate that deer are doing damage. Apparently
evidence of them running through fields is not enough. You have to prove
that they are eating grain.
A patch of corn is acceptable but feeders are not, at least during hunting
season.
Van Dell