homestead - Re: [Homestead] Thanksgiving

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Thanksgiving
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 16:53:29 -0500

bob ford wrote:
Thanks bev. Are you having to get ready for Thanksgiving? Do you do
that? ....bobford

Yes, I do that. Every year. :)

This year is going to be pretty standard,,,,turkey(home raised last
year) sausage dressing and cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, roasted
broccoli, pecan pie, green beans, carrots, deviled eggs, ham and cheese
rolls, fruit salad(trying a new recipe this year), peach cobbler,
vanilla ice cream, brownies, cranberry sauce, gravy, homemade rolls etc...
I'll start cooking on Monday..cornbread first..day old cornbread makes
the best dressing.
The only person who really likes pumpkin is my stepfather, so usually we
don't do pumpkin. When I was growing up, we traditionally had sweet
potato pie, but I always feel that we have enough sweets and starches,
so I don't usually do that anymore.

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda