homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hunting, was Egg color

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hunting, was Egg color
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 16:16:52 -0600

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 4:07 PM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> Of course I wish you luck. I'm almost excited about you getting a deer ,
> as if I were doing it myself.
>
> Everyone has lines they will or will not cross when hunting deer for table
> food. Sport hunting is completely different. For food, you are simply
> harvesting a commodity of too great numbers for its own good. A patch of
> corn or a salt lick , to me, is not such a grevious thing if you are
> strictly hunting for food.

It's illegal if you're hunting in Illinois. Here, hunters can take a
maximum of three deer unless they're deer on their own land that have
done damage (I'd think that would about cover everyone). There's no
need for me to hunt myself as one of my coworkers has a husband and
two sons who generally get their limit (and she doesn't have enough
freezers for 9 deer). I got a small doe this year.

Marie