homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hunting, was Egg color

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hunting, was Egg color
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 00:32:21 -0500

bob ford wrote:
Of course I wish you luck. I'm almost excited about you getting a deer , as if I were doing it myself.

Everyone has lines they will or will not cross when hunting deer for table food. Sport hunting is completely different. For food, you are simply harvesting a commodity of too great numbers for its own good. A patch of corn or a salt lick , to me, is not such a grevious
thing if you are strictly hunting for food.

As long as you stay within the law...
A lot of folks hunt in ways that I don't-no biggie---just because I
drive 55, or 70 in a 75 zone doesn't mean that I expect everyone else to
drive as I do..
If I were starving, or in an extreme survival situation, I might change
my ways, just like if I had a dying kid in the car, I wouldn't think
twice about putting the pedal to the metal.
But for now, under these circumstances, I don't see the need for extreme
measures.

I feel sure you will get your first one this year. Just be patient. Good luck .....bobford

Thanks. No luck today...I'm blaming the horse. He didn't blow at me,
but he did stand there and stare.

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda