homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water Crisis Coming Soon

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: vdjor AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water Crisis Coming Soon
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 08:43:45 -0800 (PST)

Everything you said is right, but some is not very practical for everyone. I
had two fifty year old ash trees in my front yard when I bought this house.
I had to have them cut down and stumps ground out because one was completely
dead and the other was almost dead.

I even paid an arborist to come out first, and check out the trees befor
ehaving them cut down and removed. I couldn't take the chance of the trees
or the large limbs falling on my house, cars, or me. I replanted with
brazilian pepper trees and citrus. They take a while to grow.

Other ground covers look good, but most who have them also have rocks. Tons
and tons of little hot rocks. If they don't put rocks(and even when they
do); bermuda and other weeds grow in and compete with the ground cover. You
can drop water in the middle of the desert it seems and burmada and stickered
clover will appear from nowhere.

I'm not a professional like you. I jusy know what I have observed.....bobford