homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 22:41:39 -0800

Oh piffle! Grew up in CA, up and down the coast. 60s liberal. People's Park, Alcatraz alumni. Slumber parties with Nancy Ling Perry. Protests on the capital steps when I was 5! I logged 35,000 miles a year traveling from one side of this continent to the other hauling horses. Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas, England and had an invite to Bahrain. Lived in Mexico. Hobnobbed with millionaires back in the days when a million was worth something. Knew presidents, talked to mucky mucks in government on a routine basis, even had parts in Disney movies (Pollyanna anyone <g>) and had celebrities donate time for my fundraisers for DD children. Still "talk" to folks in Russian, the Ukraine, Australia, England, Germany, Belgium, Finland, Canada, and a dozen or more other countries. I've got cousins living in just about every country on the earth and have relatives married to folks of just about every color and shade thereof.

And if working the Gladiator Schools doesn't give ya a "broader array of racial and cultrual interactions," pray tell what does!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <paxamicus AT earthlink.net>

Maybe they haven't down there because people still insist on
identifying people by colour. Substitute "nigger" for "black people"
and you will see how offensive it is. I am willing to bet that I,
little oil-sucker-downer-finger-on-the-bomb that I am have had
slightly broader experience than you in this matter.