homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 22:48:41 -0800

It is called race baiting, Bev. It is the "Nazi" and "Hitler" of the new millenium. The "when did you stop beating your wife." The, in most cases, guarantee to shut down a conversation and, it would appear, is used for exactly that effect.

snip<

Race has been discussed ad nauseum on TV for two days.
We have not really discussed it on the list. It is the white elephant
sitting in the corner of the room. We can't we discuss it without
assuming that the other person has some huge racist agenda?