homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 14:14:30 EST

Hi Bob,
I am happy to hear your perspective on all this. The way I see it, the
problems
we have now are far older than the past administration and the blame should
be
shared by Republicans, Democrats, big business, wall street and others.
There
will not be a quick fix for a problem that took this long to build up, I
would be
happy if Obama lives up to any of the economic promises he made. I fear a
typical
Democratic administration that spends, spends, spends on new programs when we
can't afford to pay for the ones we have now. I am a big believer in
balancing my checkbook
and not spending what I don't have. If we can balance the budget, and not
kill us all
with taxes to do it, then great. The thing to remember with the spending on
the war
is that most of the money either went to pay our soldiers and was deposited
in their
bank accounts and spent by there families back home, or paid US companies to
make
the things needed in Iraq and employed thousands of Americans to do so. We
did not
dig a hole and bury billions of dollars, most went into the economy. Just as
any other
war boosts economy, so did this one. When it ends, the jobs created for war
support will
go away and hundreds of thousands of National Guard troops will return home,
many
with no jobs, so unemployment takes a hit. Everything we do to fix a problem
has some
fallout of it's own. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Drew

In a message dated 11/6/2008 1:16:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,